33rd Annual Great Food Walk
When: April 14th 2017 (rain or shine)
Where: Harvard Common with registration at the Congregational Church of Harvard, 5 Still River Road, Harvard
Proceeds raised from this 33rd Walk, will go to:
Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry, Inc. (www.loavesfishespantry.org) (90%) &
Sharing, Inc. (www.walkingongoodfriday.org) (10%)
How to Get Ready
- Sponsor sheets can be downloaded here or picked up at local libraries, post offices & churches.
- Find sponsors and sign them up on your sponsor sheet. Please only one walker
per sponsor sheet. Finding sponsors is key to supporting your walk & we count
on your sponsors’ donations. Checks should be payable to GFW
- The more money you raise, the more you help others. In 2016, 116 walkers from 24
towns & 3 states walked about 566 miles collectively & raised over $25,000 for Loaves
& Fishes and Sharing, Inc.! There were nearly 60 people behind the scenes making sure the
walkers were supported every step of the way!
- Let your muscles know you’re going to walk. It’s roughly a 5-mile loop and your body
might appreciate some pre-walk training. There is a “Toe Truck” along the route for
relief and transportation, should you need it.
On the Day of the Walk
- Start at the Congregational Church of Harvard, 5 Still River Road, Harvard.
- Come any time between 7:30AM and 12:30PM on Good Friday, April 14th
- Park along the Common, away from the General Store.
- Bring your completed and totaled sponsor sheets along with your donations to the
Registration Desk inside the Church. Please use the Good Friday Walk sponsor sheet.
- Walkers under 18 years of age must have the signature of a parent or guardian.
- Children under 12 must have adult supervision.
- Wear comfortable, well broken-in shoes/sneakers and socks.
- Please follow signs and walk facing traffic for safety’s sake.
- No bikes, roller blades, scooters or skateboards allowed; they can be dangerous to walkers.
- Rest Stop along the route, where water & restrooms are provided.
- Unless there is a snowstorm, the “Walk” will be held (if in doubt; call the phone numbers
below for a recording or go to https://gfwalk.org for information.
- Should a snowstorm cancel the “Walk”, donations would still gratefully be accepted.
(Mailing address: Nashoba GFW, 94 Jackson Road, Suite 105B, Devens, MA 01434)
After the Walk
- Sandwiches, fruit and drinks are available back at the Church. Donations are
- Collect any remaining or additional donations from your sponsors and mail a copy
of your sponsor sheet and the checks in the addressed envelope provided by the GFW.
If you have questions, please use the contact form or call:
Jeanie Colony at 978-456-1239
Becca Day-Newsham at 978-386-5654